Create. Brand. Grow.
Date: March 8th – 11th, 2018
9:00 am – 5:00pm
Tell your story, grow your business, or learn new skills to use at work. In this project-centered workshop, you will design, build, and publish your very own website that incorporates text, images, videos, and social media interactivity.
This workshop is designed for learners who have little or no prior experience developing a website. We’ll use WordPress to get you started, provide lots of downloadable examples, and guide you through the process of giving and receiving constructive peer-to-peer feedback.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
1. Marketing Strategy Day 1 – 2
- Promote your professional image by establishing your unique brand.
- Create personal branding statements, and integrate social networking into your branding.
- Create a logo, brand name, and slogan.
- Build a relationship with your customer by learning how to listen and understand their needs.
- Attract customers to your site by understanding the drivers that influence customers purchasing decisions.
2. Website Publishing Day 3 – 4
- Set-up a domain name.
- Create an attractive layout for your pages that incorporates content that speaks in one voice representing the “your brand personality”, sound, images, and social media interactivity.
- Build and publish a site that functions well across different operating systems and on mobile devices.
- Learn how to inform your potential customers that your site is online, we will even show you how to track your visitors.
- Professional photographer (on site capturing photos that can be used to personalize your website)
- 10 stock photos
- Snacks daily
- Work station
Tuition: $1,750 early bird tuition $1,550 if you register before March 1, 2018