Styling & Creative Direction Fundamentals
Date: Jan 26th-28th
9:00am – 4:00pm
The goal of the Styling & Creative Direction Fundamentals course is to obtain and understand what it takes to be a fashion stylist and creative director within the everyday industry and how both worlds collide. This course highlights the significance of combining theoretical knowledge with practical experience, encouraging students to apply their skills in real-world settings and preparing them for the dynamic and ever-evolving nature of the fashion and creative industries. After completion of this course, you will know how to merge within the fashion and creative direction industry and have a foundational understanding of fashion styling, and creative direction, including key concepts, practical skills, and industry insights.
- Interactive activities
- Photoshoot day
- Individual assessment
- One-on-one constructive feedback discussion
- Group shopping experience with Rochelle Banks
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- Understanding Fashion Styling, how to shop for different body types (definition and scope of fashion styling/differentiating).
between personal styling, editorial styling, commercial styling, event styling, editorial
- Elements of Style (Exploring the fundamental elements of style, including color, pattern,
texture, and silhouette.
- Wardrobe Essentials (Discussion on building a versatile wardrobe for yourself and others.
/ Tips on selecting timeless pieces and incorporating trends.
- Styling Techniques (Practical demonstration: Basic styling techniques for different body
types and scenarios such as a casual day out, job interview, or photo shoot.
- Fashion and Trends (Overview of current fashion trends. Discussion on the importance of
staying updated and how to incorporate trends without losing personal style.
- Industry Insights.
- Building a brand around a subject for longevity of both client and yourself.
- Using community skill share to strengthen your over all creative project.
- How to keep relevant with the times without copy and pasting others work.
- How to not be short sided in your creations, think big think of future relevance.
- How to see utilize current trends and see where the future of fashion music or corporation
- How the greatest tool is You!
- All equipment and space for the practical photoshoot day
- Models for practical activities.
- One-on-one constructive feedback discussions to aid personal and
- Shopping with Rochelle Banks
- Networking opportunities
This workshop is open to anyone, no prerequisites required. Tuition is $1,500 early bird is $1,450 before Jan. 19th.